The highest level of Uptime Tier certification is Operational Sustainability, which identifies and assesses underlying risks and behaviors that are outside of the scope of data center design and construction, but may have a significant impact on the
- This certification stage looks at three key categories of data center operations:
- Management & Operations (assessment of operations team and human error potential);
- Building Characteristics (safety and security, engineering infrastructure, operating conditions);
- Site Location (risk of natural disasters and
man-madedisasters, utilities redundancy).
- In addition to the data center itself, the site campus is assessed for compliance with three levels of requirements: Gold, Silver, Bronze.
- As of now, there are only 10 Operational
Sustainability-GOLDcertified data centers in the world. Five of them are Tier III certified facilities (USA and UK), with the other five being Tier IV facilities (Canada, USA, Spain).